I predict that Bianca del Rio will be in the #1 spot after this week’s episode. She currently trails behind Courtney Act by 600 Twitter followers, having gained 22,000 followers since episode 2. By comparison Courtney Act has gained 11,000 new followers in the same span of time.
Each episode, Miss Bianca “Tough Love” del Rio has gained more Twitter followers and a higher percentage of her existing followers than any other queen. America’s Next Drag Superstar? If the fans have a say in this.
These two episodes made Bianca shine. She helped Trinity get out of her shell and then killed it in the Queens of Comedy episode. She gained 7,300 new followers (a record!) which is a 31% increase in followers. If you’re looking for yet another reason to love Bianca del Rio, I have a nugget for you. Evidently the man who heckled BenDeLaCreme was Dave, Jinkx Monsoon’s veteran in season five. He’s the same guy that Bianca made fun of for wearing horizontal stripes in his third trimester. According to DeLa, we didn’t see sections of the routine in which Bianca annihilated Dave when she took the stage. It was Bianca’s way of saying, “I love you,” to DeLa. Hugs all around, people!
There is a correlation between what happens on the show (Good job, editors!) and the impact on Twitter followers. The last two episodes boosted the rankings for Joslyn Fox and Trinity Bonet, and pushed down eliminated queens Gia Gunn, April Carrion, Vivacious, and Kelly Mantle. If you’re on this show for exposure (ahem, Magnolia Crawford), it behooves you to stick around for the first five episodes. Even Milk, last week’s eliminated queen, is still doing well.
Our darling BenDeLaCreme had a tough couple of episodes. (I attended her hosted screening on Monday night and I just wanted to give her a big hug!) I was curious to see how she was impacted by Ru’s “By the power vested in me by me,” non-elimination. First of all, she gained 2,700 new followers, which is more than she has ever gained in the past. She consistently gains about 17% new followers, except for episode 4 (Shade the Rusical), when she gained 28% new followers. She is still ranked 4th behind Courtney, Bianca and Adore, but Courtney and Adore have the American Idol advantage. I think her performance in episode 9 (as well as Courtney’s) will strongly determine who makes the top 3.
I was also curious to see how these episodes impacted Trinity K. Bonet, our lady who has conquered her inner saboteur. She went from 13th to 11th place in the rankings, ousting Vivacious and Kelly Mantle. She also increased her followers by 25%, trailing slightly behind Joslyn (27%) and Bianca (31%). However, she only gained 1,400 new followers compared to Milk’s 1,900, Joslyn and Milk’s 2,000, and DeLa and Courtney’s 2,700ish. Trinity is certainly doing better, but I’m not convinced the fans love her yet.
Joslyn Fox is still doing well even though she was criticized for her outfits and performance in these episodes. Why? Maybe because she is so effing cute. And as Sharon Needle says:
And now the numbers…
- Tier 1: The top three are still Courtney Act, Bianca del Rio and Adore Delano. Each queen has approximately 30,000 followers.
- Tier 2: BenDeLaCreme and Milk are still ranked 4th and 5th, respectively, with approximately 18,000 followers.
- Tier 3: Darienne, Joslyn, Gia and April all have approximately 9,000 followers. Joslyn has moved up in ranking, from #9 to #7.
- Tier 4: The other queens have fewer than 8,000 followers. Trinity has moved up from #13 to #11.
- Tier Magnolia Crawford: Magnolia Crawford (4,363) trails behind Kelly Mantle (6,644) by 2,300 followers. It does suck to be eliminated first.
Increase in Twitter Followers (#)
- Bianca “Tennis Balls” del Rio has increased her followers by 7,300. Before this episode, the most followers any queen had obtained was 3,700 (Bianca and Adore).
- Adore Delano gained 5,400 followers.
- DeLa and Courtney gained 2,700 and 2,600 followers respectively.
- Joslyn Fox and Milk each gained approximately 2,000 followers.
- Trinity K. Bonet gained 1,417 followers.
- The other queens have gained fewer than 1,000 followers (Darienne, April, Laganja, Gia, Vivacious, Kelly, and Magnolia).
Increase in Followers (%)
- Not only has Bianca gained the most followers, but she also had the biggest relative increase in followers (31%).
- Joslyn Fox, Trinity Bonet, and Adore Delano have increased their followers by 27%, 25%, and 24%, respectively.
- DeLa increased her followers by 17%.
- Milk increased her followers by 12%.
- The rest of the queens saw <10% increase in followers.