In the Queens of Talk, our shining stars were Courtney Act and BenDeLaCreme, with the other queens struggling to succeed in this challenge. Trinity delivered the most graceful farewell of any queen ever, and Miss Joslyn surprised us with her awkward interview. Annnnd we got a peek into Bianca del Rio’s weak spot: listening.
What did this do to their Twitter rankings? There was a lot of movement this episode.
- As I predicted, Bianca del Rio is now in 1st place, knocking Courtney Act into spot #2.
- Joslyn Fox is now #6, pushing Darienne Lake down to #7.
- Trinity Bonet continues to move up in the rankings to #10, politely sending Laganja Estranga into the #11 spot.
Trinity Bonet’s fan growth on Twitter is especially interesting. Her attitude shift and support for the other queens make her a strong contender for Miss Congeniality. I am curious to see how her popularity continues to grow now that she has sashayed away.
Darienne Lake has been acquiring the same number of new followers as Gia, April, and Laganja. Not exactly Miss Popularity, but I guess she didn’t come here to make friends.
Polynomial vs Linear Growth
Take a moment to look at the type of growth each queen is seeing. A quick eyeball of the graph shows that some queens are experiencing polynomial growth (nice curves!) in their fan base while others are simply seeing linear growth. Our friends in the polynomial category are also the ones who have the stronger story arcs in the show: Bianca del Rio, Adore Delano, BenDeLaCreme, Joslyn Fox, and Trinity Bonet.
And holy moly, Bianca del Rio. She started off with the same number of fans as Milk and BenDeLaCreme, and has grown her Twitter fan base four-fold.
Increase in Followers (#)
- Bianca del Rio and Adore Delano killed it in this episode, each with approximately 4,000 new followers.
- BenDeLaCreme and Courtney Act are in the second tier, with 1,900 and 1,700 new followers, respectively.
- Trinity Bonet and Joslyn Fox are in the third tier, with 1,399 and 1,115 new followers.
- Milk is still popular after all this time. She had 900 new followers, beating Darienne Lake (467), April Carrion (462), Gia Gunn (418), and Laganja (338).
Increase in Fans (%)
- Trinity’s smooth exit was fantastic for building a fan base. She gained 20% new followers this week.
- Adore Delano increased her fan base by 15%, with Bianca del Rio closely behind at 14%.
- Joslyn Fox did well in spite of her performance, with a 12% gain in fans.
- Although BenDeLaCreme and Courtney Act were the top performers in this episode, they only saw a 10% and 5% increase in followers.